(From Banu's Cookbook)
1 Cup of Toor Daal
1 Cup of Channa Daal
1 Cup of Urad Daal
1 Cup of Yellow Split Moong Daal
1 Cup of Whole Green Moong Daal
4 Cups of Rice
10-12 Red Chillies ( or according to taste)
1. Soak all the daal and rice together overnight along with the red chillies.
2. Grind the soaked ingredients into a paste. You do not have to do it too smooth. A bit coarse is fine too.
3. You can use this batter immediately and there is no need to ferment.
4. After grinding the ingredients, add the seasoning of Jeera, Mustard Seeds and Hing.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Make hot dosa's and serve with Chutney.
1. You can add finely chopped onions, green chillies, Curry Leaves and Cilantro to the batter and do it that way also.
2. For the carb conscious, you can replace 2 cups of rice with brown rice.